Nice article by Outlook Money/Rediff.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Cast: Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Tarun Arora, Dara Singh, Pawan Malhotra, Kiran Juneja, Divya Seth.
Director: Imtiaz Ali
Total timepass, smooth movie... I wasn't inclined to watch it at first thinking it might be some lovey dovery kareena shahid crap.... but I was proved wrong .
Kareena is amazing, this is by far her best performance.. I dunno about national awards but Box Office and Public awards is sure shot.
Also Shahid has done acha Kaam .. solid dancing, no pakaogiri, decent stuff...
Also nice stuff from Pawan (Hari Nukkadwala) & Teddy (Decent Hotel) who is also the set designer of the movie.
Go have a Dekko...
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
- Dhoni and Deepika have something cooking.
- Bal Thackeray gave his usual Dasera speech but this time targetting Christians
- The Frankenstein of fundamentalism welcomes Benazir in Karachi as usual innocent victims pay the price.
- Bhool Bhulaiya is a decent comedy but is dragged endlessly and has not much background scores.
- The off market discussion has moved from Peanuts to P-notes.
- Dandiya in Bombay was a big flop show thanks to the cops.
- Gold touched 10000 per tola for the first time.
- Home loan rates are down 0.5%
- Bobby Jindal is elected governor of Louisiana, one of the poorest states in the Bible Belt a state where once David Duke of KKK ran for the same job.
- Spyker F1 team to become Force India thanks to Vijay Mallya's efforts.
- Amazon, Ebay are trying to replicate the Facebook application mania, this is surely going cog up all the bandwidth in the world.
- Reliance is still a best Buy at 2400.
- India is celebrating even after losing 4-2 to the Aussies.
- Jhalak Dikla Ja is hazaar times better than Nach Baliye and Cyrus seems favorite to win it.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Contrary to general belief, Haji Mastan Mirza was never an underworld don or even a goon for that matter. He was a smuggler and a shrewd man who rubbed shoulders with the high and mighty of his era. Be it Karim Lala or Vardabhai, Dilip Kumar or Shashi Kapoor, he had friends from the world of politics. .....Nice article by Baljeet Parmar in DNA
Friday, October 19, 2007
After Baroda, This was the second time Symonds was abused by the crowd.
After Australia collected an award for team of the year, compere Cyrus Broacha did some great work by referring to the offensive spectators as "idiots" and called on the audience to show their support of the allrounder.
The crowd stood up and applauded Symonds, who looked chuffed to receive such a warm reception following his hostile treatment at Wankhede Stadium.
One behalf of these 4 countrymen I would like to say sorry to the Aussie team and Andrew Symonds and let the spirit of cricket prevail.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Article in Today Mumbai Mirror about a brave woman's fight with Rickshawallahs in Bhandup.
I wish we all had courage like Madhavi to take on the system.
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/18/2007 12:02:00 PM
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Now that one has unlimited super fast Wimax Internet at home what do you do with it to extract maximum vasooli
Some of the things I do :-
- Downloading Research Reports from Various Brokerages & Finance Sites.
- Downloading Mobile Content & other Jazz (Mobile9.com)
- Playing Games (MiniClip.com & Yahoo Games)
- Downloading Movies & Clips
- Editing Wiki (At least trying )
- Blogging and getting lost in Blogs
- FaceBook Mania & other trivial things.
- Ecommerce ( Amazon, PicSquare, ICICI)
Mobile Talks, BS Walks!!
Mosh & Save2phone are 2 sites which has user driven mobile content, I admit our site looks a bit patchy compared to Mosh but watch out, we are on stealth mode and the Look Site will be launched soon.
One can also check out Mobile9 for cool Mobile Content.
The Lord surveyed the Ram Setu and said "Hanuman, how diligently and strenuously you and your vanar sena had built this bridge several centuries back. It is remarkable that it has withstood the ravages of the climatic and geographical changes over centuries. It is indeed an amazing feat especially considering the fact that a bridge at Hyderabad built by Gammon using latest technology collapsed the other day even before they could stick the posters on its pillars."
Hanuman with all humility spoke "Jai Sri Ram, it is all because of your grace. We just scribbled your name on the bricks and threw them in the sea and they held. No steel from TISCO or cement from Ambuja or ACC was ever used. But Lord, why rake up the old issue now."
Ram spoke "Well, Hanuman some people down there want to demolish the bridge and construct a canal. The contract involves lot of money and lot of money will be made. They will make money on demolition and make more money on construction. "
Hanuman humbly bowed down and said "Why not we go down and present our case"
Ram said "Times have changed since we were down there. They will ask us to submit proof of age and we don't have either a birth certificate or school leaving certificate. We traveled mainly on foot and some times in bullock carts and horses and so we don't have a driving license either. We flew in the Yaan but that is called an Unidentified Fying Object now, so no pilot licences either. A s far as the proof of address is concerned, the fact that I was born at Ayodhya is itself under litigation for over half a century. If I go in a traditional attire with bow and arrow, the ordinary folks may recognize me but Arjun Singh may take me to be some tribal and, at the most, offer a seat at IIT under the reserved category for learning how to construct a bridge. Also, a God cannot walk in, dressed in a three-piece suit and announce his arrival. It would make the devotees suspicious. So it is a dilemma, so to say."
"I can vouch for you by saying that I personally built the bridge."
"My dear, Anjani putra, it will not work. They will ask you to produce the Layout plan, The Project details, Approved Plans, Municipal Building Permit, Excavation Permit, the contractor who built it including financial outlay and how the project cost was met and the completion certificate. And who inaugurated it? Nothing is accepted by these people without documentary evidence in India. You may cough but unless a doctor certifies it, you have no cough. A pensioner may present himself personally but the authorities do not take it as proof. He has to produce a life-certificate to prove that he is alive. It is that complicated."
"Lord, I can't understand these historians. Over the years you have given darshan once every hundred years to saints like Surdas, Tulsidas, Saint Thyagaraja, Jayadeva, Bhadrachala Ramdas and even Sant Tukaram and still they disbelieve your existence and say Ramayana is a myth. The only option, I see, is to re-enact Ramayana on earth and set the government records straight once for all."
The Lord smiled. "It isn't that easy today. Ravan is apprehensive that he may look like a saint in front of Karunanidhi. I also spoke to his mama Mareecha, who appeared as a golden deer to tempt Sita when I was in the forest and he said that he won't take a chance of stepping on earth as long as Salman Khan is around."
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/17/2007 05:00:00 PM
More Via the Email Forward.
1. There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Rajnikant has allowed to live.
2. Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Rajnikant.
3. Rajnikant counted to infinity – twice.
4. When Rajnikant does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.
5. Rajnikant is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
6. Rajnikant doesn't wear a watch; HE decides what time it is.
7. Rajnikant gave Mona Lisa that smile.
8. Rajnikant can slam a revolving door.
9. There are no races, only countries of people Rajnikant has beaten to different shades of black and blue.
10. Rajnikant's house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.
11. Rajnikant can divide by zero.
12. Newton's Third Law is wrong: Although it states that for each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, there is no force equal in reaction to a Rajnikant turnaround kick.
13. When taking the GRE, write "Rajnikant" for every answer. You will score over 1600.
14. Rajnikant has 12 moons. One of those moon s is the Earth.
15. Rajnikant grinds his coffee with his teeth and boils the water with his own rage.
16. An old English dictionary dating back to 1236. It defined "victim" as "one who has encountered Rajnikant"
17. If you Google search "Rajnikant getting kicked" you will generate zero results. It just doesn't happen.
18. Rajnikant can drink an entire gallon of milk in thirty-seven seconds.
19. Rajnikant doesn't bowl strikes, he just knocks down one pin and the other nine faint.
20. It takes Rajnikant 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.
21. The Bermuda Triangle used to be the Bermuda Square, until Rajnikant kicked one of the corners off.
22. There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, because Rajnikant lives in Chennai.
23. Rajnikant once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.
24. James Cameron wanted Rajnikant to play the Terminator. However, upon reflection, he realized that would have turned his movie into a documentary, so he went with Arnold Schwarzenegger.
25. Thousands of years ago Rajnikant came across a bear. It was so terrified that it fled north into the arctic. It was also so terrified that all of its descendants now have white hair .
Monday, October 15, 2007
Xight notes a Gizmodo story that is a few days old but hasn't gotten a lot of play. It seems that Nigeria recently denied Bill Gates a visa to travel there on his recent trip to Africa. The initial denial was "on the premise that they required proof he would not reside in Nigeria indefinitely, causing a strain on social services and a general nuisance for immigration." The comments to the post are worth reading too.
I won’t be surprised if Billu goes after the Nigerian Scamster’s in a big way J
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/15/2007 11:28:00 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
If you dint know, I love sausages as much I like the vada pav.
Fried Sausages and Pav are a deadly combo.. Or if you have time one can do the desi version of onion, tamater, masala n sliced sausages and vinegar... wid Amul Butter marke Pav.
This picture is an amazing breakfast I had at a hotel in KL, Malaysia.
Sausage Pav Stalls?? any VC, Angel ready to fund my Idea.
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/11/2007 04:34:00 PM
The markets zoomed from 13500 to 18500 in lil over 2 months and most us just stood, waiting, thinking, analyzing, scratching, digging and wondering WTF happened... Did we miss the Reliance Family Boat
Don't we feel silly about ourselves while the Ambani Bros & Airtel Mittal have managed to pull the biggest and fastest and legal (unless am wrong) wealth generation in the Indian History.
Well I guess its no point cribbing or feeling pity on oneself, there will always be opportunities in the Market.
As say they When the Bulls & Bears are playing the market the Lambs get slaughtered
Also look at the lesser mortals who haven't yet experienced the thrill called Sensex, be proud of yourself for being part of one helluva ride from 2500 to 18000!!
Cutting the gyan short, Since my name is not there in today's TOI, NDTV, ET or Mint top Wealth Gainers, I better rush and board my 8:46 Churchgate local and maybe also buy a few Thursday Super Lotto.
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Vakow! is a community of ppl who luv SMS Forwards.
Check it out http://vakow.com/
(Founder's are from the initial team at Rakesh Mathur's Webaroo)
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/09/2007 04:45:00 PM
With Google SMS mobile messaging service, users can get business listings, movie showtimes and more simply by sending a text message to the shortcode 54664 [5GOOG] from their mobile phones. This service is currently available on the Airtel, Aircel, BPL, BSNL and Reliance networks, and has relevant local data for mobile users in Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
Searching through Google SMS is simple. For example, a user seeking information on pizzerias in Andheri West can text message [pizza andheri west mumbai] to 54664, and a list of pizza restaurants in that area will be delivered to his or her phone within seconds. Google SMS allows for searches by common locality names, and ranks results by proximity to the specified location. The service also saves time by saving a user's location, so they don't have to type their location every time they search.
Check out www.google.co.in/sms
The only bad thing is that Premium SMS rates are applicable on each query and still not on Vodafone :(
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/09/2007 04:20:00 PM
Friday, October 05, 2007
For readers and friends who care and would like to respond, give advise, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/05/2007 05:25:00 PM
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/05/2007 03:50:00 PM
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/05/2007 01:28:00 PM
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Basically the funda is You get paid to open & read the contents of RupeeMail. You receive promotional offers & special discounts in RupeeMail.
Interestingly RupeeMails will reach you based on the preference list you opted for.
Create your RupeeMail Account & refer your friends to earn launch referral bonus on every new registration.
Try this... http://www.rupeemail.in
p.s Dont waste time in office doing this :)
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/04/2007 05:55:00 PM
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
For sure s/he is a big shot……watch out for 228888 next time around.
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/03/2007 04:07:00 PM
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/03/2007 02:55:00 PM
Monday, October 01, 2007
- BCCI plans 20:20 in all domestic series after being the only body opposing 20:20 Cricket at ICC all the while until we won it.
- Sri Ram continues to be controversial even after 5000 years.
- Lalbaugcha Raja continues its record collections.
- Johnny Gaddar is a nice movie.
- Getting in & out of Saki Naka is like a Chakravyuh.
- India TV has beaten Doordarshan to the most Fcukall channel award.
- RJ Nitin should be flogged publicly for his comments on Indian Idol Prashant and Gorkhas, Gorkhas are proud brave people who have done India proud its high time people stop taking crap from stupid RJs on our FM channels.
- Ganpati Visarjan was peaceful no drowning or stampedes reported.
- Rahul Baba has become Congress Gen. Sec something BJP has to worry about.
- Markets have gone crazy fighting strong at 17,000+
- Our Hockey players need to let their sticks do the talking rather than ask the stupid governments for rewards.
- Kerala is still under Chickangunya epidemic.
- Sabeer Bhatia is trying his luck once again with http://www.apnacircle.com
posted by satish vijaykumar at 10/01/2007 05:19:00 PM
Yahoo Photos is closing for Indian users on October 18, 2007. Though Yahoo is allowing its users to migrate photos to Flickr but there's panga of limited storage space for free account and Indian users can use Flickr only for sharing photographs.
Incase you have infinite photos then you can import your pics to Picsquare coz they provide unlimited free storage space .
Also Check out their cool printing features at http://www.picsquare.com/For more gyan and info, buzz Manish Agrawal, co-founder of PicSquare +91 99019 60007
P.S I'm a Pro Flickr user and I use PicSquare for Printing my snaps, yes this is free Public City :))