A very nice article about the prince, his portfolio of investments, his portfoio journey from USD 30,000 to 23 Bn USD.
I like his investment style and admire his fundas and rationale of investments.
Prince Alwaleed's Portfolio
1. Al Azizia Commercial Investment Company
2. Apple Computers Inc.
3. Arab Palestinian Investment Company Ltd. (APIC)
4. Ballast Nedam N.V.
5. Canary Wharf Group pls
7. Consulting Clinics
8. Disneyland Resort Paris
9. eBay Inc.
10. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
11. Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
12. Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
13. Four Seasons Hotel London
14. Hewlett-Packard Company (HP)
15. International Financial Advisors K.S.C.C. (IFA)
16. Kingdom Hospital
17. Kingdom Agricultural Development Company (KADCO)
18. Kingdom Centre
19. Kingdom City
20. Kingdom Holding Company
21. Kingdom Hotel Investments (KHI)
22. Kingdom Schools
23. Kingdom Zephyr Africa Management Company (KZAM)
24. Kodak Corporation
25. Kuwait Invest Holding Company
26. Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation (LBC)
28. Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
29. National Industrialisation Company
30. News Corporation
31. Palestine Development & Investment Ltd. (PADICO)
32. Pepsi Co.
33. Plaza Hotel New York
35. Rotana Audiovisual
36. Saks Fifth Avenue
37. Samba Financial Group
38. The Procter & Gamble Company
39. The Savola Group
40. The Walt Disney Company
41. Time Warner Inc.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Souq Waqif aka Irani Souq is a awesome place that takes you back in time, spices, Sheesha Cafes, Handicrafts, Honey, Traditional gears, Boats and Furniture's, Antiques & Collections, Toys, Coffee & Tea, Arabic Cuisines...Live music and performances every Friday evening..
There is also a Donkey Ride for Kids :)
A must visit if you are in Doha.
Check out all the pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bombaylives/
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Cast: Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji, Victor Banerjee, Shruti Seth,Jaaved Jaffrey
I wont give you any spoiler or synopsis on the Movie but the movie is a cool, watchable, neatly shot n made, good songs, great Racing.
Some Reasons to watch Ta Ra Rum Pum
- Rani Mukerji has become light weight and doesn't funny in her pink Minis.
- Javed Jaffery's quotes from his 13 girl friends and Papa.
- Cabbie Pandya's nagging wife.
- Steve Kelso's superb stunt direction
- Saif who single handledly carries the movie.
- Vishal-Sekhar's Music
- The Indian Flag on Saif-Jaaved's Racing Team Gear which definitley makes you feel proud.
P.s Naren Karthikeyan wears a Tri-Colour helmet while driving for A1 Team India, I wonder if he will be allowed to do the same while driving for Williams-Toyota
Sunday, May 06, 2007
posted by Unknown at 5/06/2007 12:31:00 PM
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Cover Story on today's MumbaiMirror
BMC offers Mumbaikars Rs 5 for every rat they kill; there are 9 crore rats, so that’s Rs 45 cr up for grabs.
45 Cr Rupees or 10 Million Dollars is huge booty... I wont be surprised if people start breeding rats in their houses to claim rewards or import rat tails from other states.
The best place for hunt rats is Churchgate Railway Station tracks there are over a zillion rats each the size of cats, I am sure there would be territorial wars between underworld gangs over this Rat Mania..
When I was a kid I heard government giving Black n White TV for catching 1000 rats or something..I wonder if the would restart the scheme with Flat Screen and Plasma Screens :))
Read the whole story here
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Download this pps to view really cool old pics of Bombay