Monday, May 01, 2006

U.S.H.A

gal_pt4big
Usha School of Athletics
There is one person who is striving for India's quest for Olympic Gold at 2012. That person is PT Usha, she is training girls from all over India to achieve what she missed by whisker at Los Angles in 1984.

She is the only hope a nation of billion people can count on in athletics and I'm sure her girls will get the elusive gold for India.

I get the goose bumps every time the national anthem is played when an Indian Athelete wins a medal.

You may wonder how come I'm writing this tangent post, well I saw a documentary in Discovery Channel about the Usha School of Athletics and was really impressed by the dedication and passion Usha had put into this School.

After infinite delays and red tapism and lack of funds the school has began its quest.
This school did received funding from the Kerala Govt., Infosys Mohandas Pai and some other instis but that definitely aint enough for the aspirations of a nation of billion people.

I have decided to help Usha in my own little way to support an endeavour that I strongly believe and is shared by millions in apna India.

The students currently training with Usha for 2012.
VIDYA.V.NAIR, TINTU LUKA, SONIYA.K.A, STEPHY ABRAHAM, SHILPA.C, JASEENA.U, SWATHY PRABHA.A.V, SIGIMOL.P.S

Each one of them is a potential medal winner for India.

Do check out http://www.ptusha.com