Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Churchgate's Platform 3 & 4 is haunted!!

Since many years I've been eating samosa and drinking frooti from Ramchand Yadav's Railway food stall, which is located between platform 3 and 4 on Churchgate station where the First class compartment lies..
I always strike up conversations with him coz its fun to listen him speak in shuudh Hindi mixed with bhojpuri...
I bought 2 large Mango frooti's as I dint want to take a chance with the erratic services or get stranded without food and water, I casually asked him whether he would allow me to camp at his stall if trains were cancelled...With a shocked look on his face which only a guy from Jaunpur or Basti could come up with he said "Raat ko woh log aate hai.... bahut khatra hai .. bade Bhai log aate hai ... Khana maangte hai, Burger maangte hai ....
I thought he meant shady local Bhai's or the Railway Pandu's and I told to give them stale food as a solution.... He wasn't divulging much info.... I said bindass duplicate khana de....

Then I realised that he was talking about Ghosts and Atma's who roamed the platform between 2 and 4 in the morning.... Many men and women have died while rushing in the train to grab a seat, He says its their souls that have "tadpaoed" and are haunting the stall workers who have being witness to numerous train accidents...
Once a ghost slapped him and disappered,He sleeps in the railway kitchen now...
Talk about occupational hazards!!