Sunday, June 12, 2005

Met 3 gurus yesterday

Yesterday I went to the India Equity Show at the Nehru Centre, I met 3 innovators and leaders of the Indian Computing industry.
Prof. D.B.Phatak
IIT Mumbai
Everytime I listen to Prof Phatak's speeches its so full of nationalism and passion for doing and thinking big for our nation. I think he rocks big time and is a wonderful asset to our nation. We also talked about the 3-6 % equity that is to given to IIT Bombay for the incubation at Kresit. IITB finally after 4 years has a structure in place for accepting equity in return for incubation space and resources.

He has started the eKalavya project on open source with his own money and after doing a yatra to over 70 Engineering colleges to check and improve the level of IT education in India. I think now the government is thinking about funding this mission . I wish him all the best .
you can check it out at http://ekalavya.iitb.ac.in/index.jsp

Prof. Swami Manohar CEO PicoPeta
India's first academic start up with prof's having equity, the makers of the Simputers. Doing wonderful things for people who can't afford a computer and making India proud. As for me I would love to a simputer with Skype,SMS and Email & games.

Amida Simputer
http://www.picopeta.com/index.php

Rajesh Jain
Netcore

The man behind the Internet revolution in India after selling IndiaWorld to sify for 115 million $.
His blog is must for all those who wanna follow the latest in the emerging tech world & markets.
check it out at http://www.emergic.org/