You may ask wots da big deal about the vada-pav, well I think its the only true symbol of Bombay and is indeed cosmopolitan from every possible angle.
The marathi Manoos makes the vada.
The Moslem makes the Pav.
The Parsi-Irani most probably owns the Bakery that makes the pav.
The Goan is called Pavwallah.
You,me and 14 million other Bombayites eat the Vada Pav every other day.
Can you show me anyother food or snack jo itna kuch karta hai??
My Best Vada Pav joints
1. Outside Mithibai college - Wid butter, green chutney, sauce, rocket chutney
2. Sri Krishna, Dadar - only vada no pav, but ek dum mast... .
3. Jumbo Vada Pav, Thane - Jumbo wid lotsa Kanda
4. Outside CTO office, Fountain - Hot and tasty eat with the mirchi.
5. Outside Dadar Stn (platform #1) - Sukha chutney is asli Ghati masala with lasun (garlic)
I haven't tried the Jumbo Vada pav from the franchises around the city, so dunno how it is... Its said to be made perfect and untouched by humans, I guess that could be the reason Bombay doesn't eat it :))