Tuesday, February 08, 2005

SMS Karma :))

Karma
Cause and Effect. From an absolute standpoint, karma is the circumstance of the moment. Relatively, it is the endless chain of cause and effect that defines the future events of an individuals life.

SMS
A service that allows users to send text-based messages from one device to another

This is what Google says about Karma & SMS, but I think its definitely something much more than a simple act of sharing a message or spending a buck to communicate.

I send many sms's in a day (Reliance free SMS scheme), I send to my friends, colleagues, bldg junta, friends of friends & da who's who of the SMS forwarding world.
Today I got da same SMS I sent to my friend a few days ago 4 times from 4 different friends and 2 calling to check whether I got and and 1 trying to explain da joke :))... this vicious circle continued a dozen times day and night and if the network goes berserk god only help you, you can raise the frequency to the power of 10..

SMS is da tool not only for romance but its the new mantra for Forex dealers n Stock market dealers, matka operators, hawala agents, pimps n fixers, spreading rumours and the possible shady things one can think about...
I think the top 5 SMS usage by Indians would be for
Forwarding jokes ( adult jokes, circulate more)
Stupid shyaris which no one understands
television contests (Either to win prize or have ur name on the Channel ticker)
Romance/gossip
spreading rumours
Things like SMS M-commerce,gaming,marketing, chat,research, alerts are picking up, would surely be on the top 5 in about 6 months.
Itching to sms.. nahi kya :))